Friday, February 12, 2010

The scariest day ever

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. This is truly a day that I thought would never happen to Mark and I. I think we are still both in a little bit of shock. We don't even know the whole story yet, just that Mark does have some sort of cancer and will be starting treatment tomorrow. He has a mass in his chest that is 14cmx10cm. It was slowly cutting off his airway, which we are now grateful for because it led to its discovery. Right now, all we know is that it is a lymphoma. More tests and results await.

We are optimistic and know that things will work out. Mark is the most amazing person I know. I feel like he carried me through today instead of the other way around. It is crazy how fast your life tips upside down. It was just a month ago that we were struggling with 09 and infertility, I think I will take that back now. Mark said before I left that this is a trial that we are having for a reason and we are supposed to learn something from it. So tomorrow, the journey begins, the learning begins, the figthing begins, and whatever else might be waiting for us. We hope the biopsy comes back with news we want to hear. Thank you again for your thoughts, prayers, and faith. I know Mark appreciates it, as do I!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh MY! Mark and Jenny. Please call me and come visit with Jace. (356-3042) We are here for you, and we would love to join hands on our journey together. Love you both.

--Amy and Jace
(he is sitting on my lap writing with me).

Shalee said...

Jen! My goodness! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep in touch and let me know what I can do to help out! ((HUGS))

Beth Willmore said...

I'm so sorry Jenny. Know that I am praying for you guys and would love to help you with anything that you need. Beth 351-1851

Jody said...

Mark and Jenny,
I heard from Matt Leatham today and followed the link from your comment on his blog. We'll be praying for you.
Kevin Adams

Tiffany said...

I didn't know you had a blog...I'll be thinking of you and Mark and praying for you.

The Shaw Family said...

Jenny,
It's Stacy Donahoo. I am praying for you and your husband. I am so sorry for what you are having to go through.