Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Good Day

Today was exciting, yes exciting. Mark and I went on two field trips. The first was to get his shot to help boost his immunity system. Dr Hancock told us Mark could stop taking the antibiotic that was causing vomiting. It was great news! Mark celebrated by eating two plain cheeseburgers from Artic Circle. They had to be from Artic Circle, that is what sounded the best. Mark's next chemo will be Thursday February 25th. The office is very thoughtful and they figured if we went in on Thursdays, Mark would feel good enough to go to work on Mondays. We ran a few errands, went to his orthopaedic appointment, and then Mark decided he had had enough and slept for a few hours. He thanked me for taking him on errands, ha, that was a first! It felt good to get out of the house. The only real symptom today besides fatigue was a rotten taste in his mouth. We searched our "cancer" bag and the Blo Pops did the trick. Thanks Ironman!

After eating dinner, (yes dinner!!) Mark felt good enough to go to the ward talent show. When you are stoked, totally stoked, about going to the ward talent show, you know life's enjoyments have been re-evaluated. Since the place would be seething with kids, Mark had to go with a mask and some hand sanitizer. I was hoping that Mark would pull out a sweet talent, like the moonwalk or something since he totally looked the Michael Jackson part. He disappointed and didn't dance at all; he sat hidden in the back and just scared a few little ones who didn't recognize him.  The bishopric, high priests, and elders quorum finished the night with a bang performing a stirring rendition of "Pants on the Ground" Thanks guys, it felt so good to laugh and smile:) and now you get a special place on our blog. At least no one can recognize ya!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Mark you look good in a mask. From Jace.

Kristy Hammond said...

Ha ha! That's awesome! I heard about the Pants on the Ground routine.

Hali Roderick said...

So good to see you two last night!Glad it was a good day! Jeff asked me if I still loved him after the whole "pants on the ground" performance. Of course....at least it was him making a fool of himself this year and not me! Oh, wait...he made a fool of himself last year, too!

Mimi said...

I love your blog, Jenny. You really do have a way with words. This is a great way to keep up to date without having to call and bug you or your mom. Our prayers are with you both.

Linda said...

Thanks for the updates!! Glad Mark was able to get out of the house for a bit! :-)

ahummer said...

Jenny, I just read your blog to Grandma Hobbs over the phone She asked me if I had read or heard of the blog- No, I said but we can find it. So glad I did. We are thinking of you two all the time. It was good to hear the run down you gave- mom was glad to hear it too. She said that you had written it out well. I agree. We hope Mark has more days than not- where he can eat and not feel so poorly all the time. We love you & you are in our prayers!!
a