Despite the joys of winter, January has been a pretty good month. Mark and I officially started our home study for adoption. We are about half way through it. We will get fingerprinted tomorrow for our background checks. I am so excited, not specifically for the background checks, but the adoption. I get nervous once in awhile, just because we have heard that we could actually get a baby pretty soon after are study is complete. That is not so far away. I think the unknown is also a bit scary, but I know it is the right thing so I guess you move ahead. We are trying to get pictures together for our adoption profiles, so we have had to take the camera everywhere. I am sure people are quite annoyed by our new paparazzi status. Here are a few of last months activities:
We rented a cabin with some friends over New Years. It was really fun to watch a bunch of football and eat a bunch of food.
Mark got sworn in as a city council member. It is pretty funny. This picture shows everyone there pretty much. Mark is officially a politician.
At a S.F high school basketball with some friends. We go for the nachos.
I had to take some pictures of me playing indoor soccer for our adoption profiles. Last nights game was a women's league game. It was so much fun! I play so much better when I am not worried about playing good. It was one of my best games. The first picture is of me and my friend Ashlee. We have played together since I was 15-16. I met her playing for a club team in Idaho Falls. I was the new girl and she was one of the few that were nice to me from the beginning. Now, here we are, 10 years later, still playing together. I owe this girl a lot. Her family used to let me stay with them on every soccer tournament trip. I am glad we are still friends! January was good, hoping February is even more exciting!


0 comments:
Post a Comment