Mark's President's Day
Haha. I am sure there will come a day when I tire of taking pictures of Mark passed out. Today is not that day. You all might wonder why I keep posting sleeping pictures. I, however, think this picture says a thousand words. This kid is tired. Really tired, can you tell? He hasn't had much of an appetite. I did have a fleeting thought that I should shove something nutritious down that open mouth, but I fought the urge. That nice ensemble to the right is his throwup bucket and towel. Fortunately, he did not have to use it once today. When you sleep all day, you don't have the oppurtunity to feel all the awful side affects. We got a VERY helpful tip on how to best take the Prednisone and it worked like a charm. Slid right down! I cheated and did not give him his antibiotic. I think the antibiotic makes him throw up, the chemo just makes him nauseated. I told him if he would eat, I wouldn't make him take his antibiotic and we would just lie and say we did.....
Jenny's President's Day:
I had a slight freak out, OCD moment today when I realized my house was probably a disgusting place and Mark's immune system shouldn't have to be on high alert at home. I cried and panicked, but calmed down and spent the entire day scrubbing, disinfecting, and doing laundry. I still worry that my lack of absolute cleaning knowledge has left a little to be desired, but it did help resolve the panic attack and divert my attention to something else. I have always loved Clorox wipes, today I might write the Clorox Company a little note of appreciation. I love them even more.
Thanks to all who stopped by today. It was nice to have company and some sort of fun. We had an amazing dinner and Mark even was able to eat a little bit. He is still super sensitive to smells and not having to make something in the kitchen that will stink up the whole house was an absolute blessing. The Snow Fairy visited my house today, I don't when. I didn't hear anybody and I have been home all day. Mark had a craving for raspberry dressing on his salad and mine expired about 2 years ago. I drove to the store and when I came home I noticed that the front walkway looked a little less treacherous. Thank you Snow Fairy! Now visitors can come to the front door instead of through the laundry room. It's more inviting that way I am sure. I am beginning to think of all the special mystical people, Santa, the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny, etc, the Snow Fairy is becoming a fast favorite! Once again, thank you all for the comments, thoughts, prayers and concerns. We love you all!


4 comments:
Jenny...this is Amber (Kay) Genta. I linked to your blog from Annalee's and I just wanted you guys to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine what you are going through but only know that this will only make you stronger. You two are both great people. If you need anything please let me know!
ambergenta@gmail.com
We're thinking of you both. Keep us posted. We love you.
Jenny- this is Nicole(fullmer)Webb I too heard through the grapevine of your news. You've both been in my prayers and thoughts also. Im glad to see Mark is feeling better. Life is so unpredictable, but you have such a good positive attitude. You are such a good example of strength in the gospel through adversity.
jenny, you are doing an AMAZING job! keep it up sister! and btw, i didn't really realize it was president's day til i ran to the public library and it was CLOSED. ;)
Post a Comment