Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Patience

Is it EVER a good thing to be impatient? I am sick of trying to be patient. Being patient stinks. I am way better at being impatient. Sometimes I think we should play to our strengths. I am an impatient POWERHOUSE. I could compete well with anyone. In the ring, people would be skeptical because I am small, even betting against me, but I would shock them with my impatient capabilites. Probably by starting the fight before the referee said to start. I wouldn't even wait for the bell, that would show 'em! Perhaps impatience can be spun into thinking it is ambition. There has to be something good in impatience, just one little thing?? What if you decided to be patient and wait to get the cupcake, but by the time you got there, the flavor you wanted was gone. (that actually is a true story) Wouldn't it have been better to be impatient and had just gone and gotten it when you wanted so you could get the good flavor? I keep trying to learn how to be a patient person, and all these cool "tests" pop up that are supposed to teach me how to be a patient person, but it is taking way too long. I will never learn to be patient. It isn't that fun. It would be way more fun if something amazing happened that didn't require patience. It just happened-- like a surprise. I don't think you have to be patient for surprises. You don't know they are coming, so you aren't stuck waiting for them. Who doesn't like a good surprise? I guess I am just going to have to patiently await a really awesome surprise:)

4 comments:

Mimi said...

You are not alone in your quest for patience, Jenny. Patience is a virtue we all need to work on. Here's a quote from Helen Keller that I love, "We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world."

Unknown said...

you would def. knock someone out, planters! you're doing alright . . . don't beat your head against the "patience wall" for goodness sake! we all have trouble waiting for things to happen! ;)

Kacie said...

This is coming from the girl that OVERNIGHTS everything because I can't wait patience is definately a virtue that comes after time I'm sure. Usually you don't see a patient 22 year old they just don't fit together but I see my grandparents who were so patient. So you got some time :) We love you and miss you Jenny I hope you get a good surprise and it will be worth the wait!

TJ said...

Aunt Deanne has it all wrong. What's wrong with a world that only has joy?