Tuesday, September 15, 2015

April and May

I thought blogging was bad before, but let's just say life is much more complicated now and since I rarely have time for personal hygiene anymore, blogging has definitely taken a back seat. So in order to get to the good stuff of this crazy eventful summer that is now almost over, I have to do some Reader's Digest versions of most of the months to continue the catch up process. It is all such a blur at this point that without the pictures, I wouldn't even be able to tell you what happened!
 
When we got back from Hawaii, we were all in a bit of post vacation mode. Mark started his new job and he has ended up traveling a bit more. He was off to Boston almost as soon as we got back. Paige felt like things were pretty quiet and dull around here, so Buzz, Paigey-H and some of her other friends came out in full force for a while. One day she came home from Preschool and told me she wanted me to take a picture of her eating lunch with all of her friends. See below:
 
Cracks me up everytime.
 
 
This of course is one of her greatest friends. Roxy always gets a pre summer shave down. Paige was pretty sad about the whole thing and shed multiple tears. She was very concerned Roxy was going to look like a boy. As luck would have it, Roxy came home with these beautiful bows in her hair and Paige couldn't have been happier about it!

 
Paige graduated from her first year of preschool and did very well in the program. She knew all the words to every song and had her part memorized.

 
Our friends the Crapo's invited us on a great adventure. We were going to all ride ATV's from their farm to Heise to have pizza. We got just about half way and were caught in a terrible, terrible storm. So much rain and hail. Fortunately for Paige, she was in one of the Rangers. Mark and I were incredibly soaked and lets just say hail while riding on a 4-wheeler does NOT feel good.

 
Taking cover under that safety of some trees. Not really smart, but like I said, hail!

 
We got back and it was summer all over again. Hagen eats healthy foods and I guess Paige thought eating an apple whole looked pretty good. Positive peer pressure!

 
Of course we got our annual season pass to Bear World. Paige loved the baby deer. They grow so fast and if you were to ask her know how she felt about this little guy, she would have less loving words. He's all big now and kind of pulled a "When Animals Attack" episode the last visit.

 
Farming of course picks up come spring. Here Paige practices for Miss Farm and Ranch. Love the beauty queen wave, boots, and crossed legs.

 
I was basically the tenth assistant for a youth soccer team this spring. I think it was mostly a shadowing gig so I could learn the system and coach fall JV. I drug Paige to lots of practices and games. She actually really loved it and had a great time with the girls. I kind of loved getting involved and loved that Paige enjoyed coming with me.
 
 
To round out the good times, we had a second failed adoption. This time around we lost quite a bit of money. It is a long story, but we definitely took a leap of faith and got burned. The expectant mother was less than honest and upset with us for not buying her a new iPhone 6. I caught her shopping agencies when another agency we were signed up with sent me her situation to consider. It was an awesome feeling knowing we were already matched with the situation and had sent money. In the end, it could have been worse. I do have a distaste for facilitators, especially the particular one we worked with. I wasn't fan from the beginning, but the agency in Kansas we were ultimately going to work with was good so I decided it was all a means to an end. I am not quite sure why we needed to participate in that little adventure, but I think it did open our minds to some things we hadn't previously considered. One particular Fast Sunday I had such a strong prompting about a little brown-skinned girl I was dressing for church. At the time I was certain it was the situation I was matched with. Looking back, I see I was totally wrong! Anyway, we survived and honestly were darn close to giving up. I was ready to make peace with being a family of three. Mark decided we needed to update our home study, but that we would be less proactive about finding a situation. We would be prepared, but also let things go and see what happens. We will get to that later.....

0 comments: