Monday, June 22, 2015

So. Far. Behind.

My computer is fickle, and most of the time I'm too impatient to deal with getting on it in any fashion. BUT, I miss blogging and I miss having my blog up to date. I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but hopefully if I tackle things a bit at a time, I can catch up the last few months. Pictures might be skimpy, because they take the longest to manage and don't quite fit into the Reader's Digest version of things. However, pictures is why anyone comes to this party so we will do our best!

When I last wrote, Mark had just made a career move. He had about two weeks off in between jobs, so we decided to go to Maui on the fly. We booked tickets Saturday night and left Thursday. The best part was we took Paige's birthmom Liv with us. I am SO glad she was able to be spontaneous with us. We loved having her along and she was so much help. Paige adores her and still talks about all the fun they had together. Liv is much more of a water baby than I am, which turned out well for me. I got to stay on the dry sand while Paige, Liv, and Mark braved the cold water. The weather was not great, but I can't complain...it was Maui!

 
The first day was super rainy, so we hit up the aquarium which Paige loved.

 
I think I have a picture with the actual "S" for shark, but I'm too lazy to delete and re-add.


 
These two, love them both so much!

 
Mark and I love to drive and explore. Since it was rainy, we jumped in the car and set out. Unfortunately for Liv, she gets car sick. And she wasn't dressed for our spontaneous hikes to blow holes. None of us were, we traversed our way down slick, red, muddy, lava rocks on this particular excursion.

 
Liv was a trooper hiking in those flip flops! I was grateful to have packed extra wet wipes so we could all bathe. Paige's new pink Toms were quickly broken in.

 
Perfect little formation with a perfect little girl.

 
These itty, bitty single lane roads were interesting. SO curvy. Liv and Paige both struggled without Dramamine.


 
Iao Needle, the landscape was just unreal.

 
Beach time

 
What mom did while the others swam.

 
Mark, Paige, and I let  Liv enjoy the resort life while we went on a whale watching tour. It was super cool and we saw all sorts of humpback whales, even a mom and baby.

 
The last day we went on the Road to Hana and Liv bowed out of the notoriously crazy road trip. Some random tourist took this great photo with his finger included and me looking oh so not photogenic. That part wasn't his fault though....
 
 
I am glad we lived by the seat of our pants for once and just set out. We have never really been on a trip where Mark didn't have to worry about work so it was nice to actually relax. It was a great little getaway and we were so grateful Liv was able to join us!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hooray for spontaneity! Wish my honey would take me to Hawaii, ever. I'll end up taking him there. Nice to have a nanny along too, hope it made for some romantic nights out with just you and Mark.

Beth Willmore said...

Glad you guys had so much fun!