Other than that jumble of fun, we haven't been up to a whole lot. The weather hasn't been cooperating real well and we are feeling some spring fever big time. Paige and I were able to get out and walk a day or two last week and enjoyed the little adventure. Paige loves the river bottoms. She now calls it the forest and warns me about the lions lurking about. We have tried to hit up the park a few times as well, and Paige's swing addiction is back with vengeance. Pushing her has become my new form of wrist physical therapy. I got sore ole paws after that activity! Mark and I have done some touch up painting (whoo hoo) and the big highlight on our project list was meeting with a landscaper and making some plans for the rock pile out here. I couldn't be happier about spending a large amount of money to have some professional yard service done. It is no small job and I am beyond ready to have some grass and beautification. The evil voice in my head wants to go big or go home and let them go all out while I watch from the window. I love to maintain the yard, but putting it all in sounds awful. And I really would love to have the whole package out there, grass, trees, shrubs, flowers, bark. I want it all, and I want it all now! However, since I am NOT willing to sell Paige or my right arm in order to have the funds I would need to make that happen, looks like we will be tackling one thing at a time over the next couple of years. Grass gets top priority and I hope that at some point this summer Paige and I will be enjoying some lovely green grass!
Paige loves me to read her stories, and I love reading to her. However, I draw the line at deep Gospel doctrine books. She was pretty upset I said no when she brought this to me. She kept telling me it had great pictures.
About a week ago we were able to catch up with Paige's birth mom. That is always time well spent and we love her so much. Paige and Liv got to spend some one on one time and I think they both had a blast. In fact, Paige was fairly upset when time was up. She's one lucky little girl who has a whole lot of love in her life!
Paige loves Yo Gabba Gabba and begs me for a doll every time she spots one in Old Navy. I 've gotten pretty good at saying no for various reasons, one of which was the ugliness of said doll. Since Paige peed her pants on our little trip and we were completely unprepared for such an occurrence, Liv had to take Paige shopping for some new drawers. Liv gets the luxury of spoiling Paige and I am pretty sure Paige could sense that Liv will probably always say yes haha. Paige got new pants and she finally came home with Muno. Muno has since been an obsession and goes wherever Paige goes. I must admit, the whole thing makes me smile and now this ugly little doll reminds me of one beautiful birth mom! It's a win.
Paige loves when Dad gets home from work. He isn't very good at sitting still, and neither is she, so they find some sort of odd job to keep them busy. After puttering outside for a bit, I noticed the dad, the daughter, and the dog headed out to catch the horses from the pasture. It made me pretty happy.
Last night they played farmer and harrowed the pasture on what Mark only wished was an actual tractor. Paige was pretty much a popsicle after that adventure. Idaho springtime.
I love when I can hear Paige playing with her toys. While I was cooking dinner, I could hear Paige talking and singing away upstairs. When I made it up there, this is what I found. She sure loves her stuffed friends and had lined them up so nicely to watch her little show. Cracks me up.
Another great moment with her friends.
And last but not least, the reason why Paige and I are seriously coveting grass.


3 comments:
That girl is good at keeping herself very creatively entertained.
nothing wrong with playing in the dirt! i agree that grass sounds inviting. i'm so happy that spring showers and turning our grass green again. hang in there, planters!
I sure love the imaginations of little kids. I wish we didn't lose it when we get bigger. Paige you are cute! Keesha...you need to teach me how to do hair. I have no talent.
Post a Comment