Monday, November 4, 2013

Spooky

 
This post is dedicated to all things scary. Honestly, Halloween is my least favorite time of year, but there seems to be a whole lot of spookiness circling around this year so I might as well document it all. What's this you say? This adorable blue-eyed blonde isn't spooky? Her love for make-up and the over the shoulder, model serious pose at 2 freaks Mark and I out just a bit!
 
 
The amount of "tea" we have been drinking lately is somewhat scary and the king of the jungle is always invited. So is Olivia the Pig, but she is a miniature sized doll and is awfully hard to work with.
What scares us most are the times we can't find "Yivia and Yion" and it's time for sleep. Not gonna happen without them!
 
 
I literally couldn't remember the last time I had carved a pumpkin before this year. We had Mark's parents over for FHE and we had a really fun time. We were pretty amateur and I only bought one carving set, most of the time we used kitchen knives and I was fairly certain the ER was in our future. We came out unscathed with three scary jack-o-lanterns that Paige has enjoyed lighting each night.
 
 
Paige attended her first real party, and was awfully scared. I don't normally classify her as a shy child, but she really hates being the center of attention or "big to-do's". Needless to say she didn't enjoy the party as much as I hoped she would. She clutched her bag that housed "Yivia" and kept to herself.
 
 
Striking a dainty pose in a pig costume. Spooky. The bump on her forehead that refuses to go away is scaring her mom a bit as well!
 
 
The amount of adorableness in this picture is truly frightening!
 
 
She accessorized this picture herself. The size of the diva in that tiny little frame is a bit terrifying. That's a whole lot of personality to love! But I can't help it, I fall for it time and time again.
 
 
I'm a little scared this is the last game I'll be playing in for the year. This picture wound up on the front page of the paper which was a little surprising, but kind of fun too. Nice to have proof that I actually do play, just not very well! It was a good article about the popularity of indoor soccer in the area and the need for bigger facilities--very true!
 
 
I am three days post-op now and the road to recovery is a bit daunting. The pain has been much less than anticipated, and doesn't come close to what I experienced earlier this summer with the break. The size of the bandaging has been a bit of a challenge, however. It comes off in another week, but with three pins in my wrist, I fear I maybe in a cast of sorts for the long haul. I was incoherent for most of the hospital stay and Mark didn't take detailed notes. I'm not entirely sure what happened or what the game plan is. I hope to have those questions answered on the 12th. Mark has been so helpful and I've been able to rest. I curse the time change and the fact Paige is waking up an hour earlier. We are on our own today, and I know by the afternoon I will be looking forward to a nap. I hope she is too! The spookiest event ever looms on the horizon, the dreaded 30th birthday. Ewwwww. Why?! How?! Sigh. I am not prepared for this!
 
 
 



 


 


 
 
 
 

 
 
 


 
 
 

5 comments:

Mandi said...

i will tell you what is scary and that is how much Paige looks like you. How does that happen? She is adorable!

Unknown said...

way to make the front page, planters! woohoo! i hope the surgery works and you don't have any more pain! its fun to see all the pictures of you and the fam. paige made a very cute pig.

Beth Willmore said...

Yay I love the little piggy!! Oh and I love the model pose - you guys are going to have to beat the boys off with a stick!! :)

Also love the tea parties, we had a lot of that here when Meg was younger! (don't worry, my "tea" was always Dr. Pepper, and so I was more willing to play tea party with her!)

Nancy said...

I was tensing up for the scary stuff and found out you are just full of cute an cuddles! Is that an Olivia pig costume even! Stellar.

Nate and Kayla said...

Very cute! If I was Paige's size I would ask her if I could borrow her costume. And Emmett has a matching bump on his head now too!