Today we are hunkering down after a long night. Paige threw up some peaches in the night and so it begins. She seems to be better after a sleepless night, but we shall see if see if food stays down. No fun having a sick baby. Because of Mark's weakened immune system, he and I usually get flu shots. Do kids get flu shots? What are your thoughts on the subject? It's always hard to know how to keep everyone healthy. We are a medically challenged family!
What a difference a week makes. I tentatively proclaim Paige potty trained! She has done really, really well and we haven't had an accident in days. I am kind of hoping the tummy issues don't set us back. Things could get interesting. On Sunday, I took her out during church for a break. Paige is a creature of habit and I haven't had much success outside the house because it's different. She usually just holds it until we get home. Once we got into the bathroom, a friend of mine walked in behind us and in the stall next door. Paige was pretty excited when she overheard a successful trip. She cheered my friend on and then proceeded to follow her example. It worked out pretty well though I was mortified about Paige's commentary. She even bent over and looked under the stall and asked if my friend needed help. She then offered my services.
I got my MRI done and got the results, I do have a tear of some sort and I am supposed to go see a wrist specialist next week. I am not too sure I want to do anything with it at this point. It is fine for the most part, and I kind of know what it can and can't do, and I can avoid doing things that make it hurt. Seems like a recipe for success. I think I will probably go down just to make sure I am not going to make things worse in the long haul, but I think it is something that I can and will live with.
Paige decided to take the change of seasons literally and had a pretty nasty fall last week. The weather has been atrocious which means we have spent all our time indoors. This leads to a rambunctious baby who wants to play wild and crazy inside. Her new love is "basketball' which is a game she has made up herself with her ball. It has provided hours of entertainment, and she especially loves to "play all together." On this particular round of basketball, she tripped forward, into the wall, and cracked her head on the plug-in carbon monoxide detector. I can't decide if she was lucky it wasn't the window sill or the wall, but the darn thing didn't give much and won the battle. She swelled instantly, and Mark took the opportunity to snap a picture. Poor thing! After some consoling she was ready for more basketball so I figured she would survive. Now the bump seems to have gone down a little bit, but the bruising has drained and she has two black eyes. Very pretty.
Paige got to have her fingernails painted like a big girl for going in the big girl potty. She was very excited about it. This is the day after her fall, little bruising and a big ole bump.
We always have our fair share of animal tragedy and I was pretty certain we were setting ourselves up for yet another one. Boots went missing all last week. She was gone for like 6 days. Paige asked about her everyday and I finally just told her Boots went home to find her mom. It made perfect sense to Paige and I was feeling pretty good about my lie, and wouldn't ya know it.....the cat came home later that night. Even though the cat is pretty annoying, Paige loves it and it has a very unique personality, so I was glad to have her back.
Hard to see in this crappy picture, but this is how I caught Paige sleeping the other day. Both her feet are up on the rails. I have been wanting to move Paige into her big girl room, but I haven't found her a bed I like and honestly, she moves around WAY to much to be trusted in a normal bed. After seeing her thrash around, I am confident I have a bit more time to figure out her big girl room décor.
The leaves are just beginning to change down in the river bottoms behind my house. We went for a ride last night for the first time in two weeks. The weather really hasn't been good. There were multiple trees down thanks to our wind storm Monday. However, last night was perfect for a ride, and though I miss summer and hate the cold, we weren't eaten alive by bugs. Tucker was a stinker. The last two times we have ridden he has had a mind of his own. He only seems to give me grief and behaves for Mark. I think he knows he can buffalo me. Last night I handled it a bit better and even though things started rough, we ended up having a pretty fun ride. I felt like I held my own and at least attempted to be the boss. We have some work to do, and he seriously needs a butt kicking! Paige had such a great time and she holds Mark's saddle strings and calls them her reins. She is quite the vocal rider and likes to tell me what I am doing wrong. "You have to be nice and easy, Mom!" Yes I know that Paige, tell Tucker!


1 comments:
Life can change fast. I think Paige could handle a big girl bed, although I am an advocate of just taking the crib mattress out and setting it on the floor for a few nights to test it out. Horse riding seems like the perfect way to enjoy fall leaves.
Post a Comment