I can't get enough of summer. I love it! I love being busy, spending time with family, and enjoying our favorite hobbies. Friday was a beautiful night. We went for a ride, and we finally have a horse that Paige can ride solo--well at least in the arena. I wish I had her confidence! She will be a better rider than I could ever dream of being, mostly because she has started young. She loves it and does so well. She loves to ride fast with Dad, and then loves to mosey slow by herself. We rode Saturday night as well, but down in the river bottoms. The bugs were bad, and it was my first time riding with the cast. Not easy, I was nervous, and my horse knew I was nervous. It wasn't my favorite ride. I need to gain that confidence back! I think I need this butt of mine to get saddle sore. I need more miles! Still getting used to the new horse, and it is a work in progress. Tucker is such a good boy, I just need to trust him more so he in turn trusts me.
On Saturday we went to a horse sale to window shop I guess. Our friends went and it was fun to watch them bid, and win on a beautiful new horse. Afterwards we hit up the Alpine Slide. Since I am still one handed, I let Mark and Paige enjoy this one on their own while I snapped pictures. Paige, true to herself, had no fear. She told Mark on the chairlift she was flying.
Mark took the slow track and tried to take it easy. Paige said "faster" and "weeeeeee" the entire time. When they first pulled up, I asked Paige how it was. She said, "I wanna go again!" I guess that means it was good!


2 comments:
Sounds like paradise
So glad you are finding some fun and excitement amongst the hard times. Keep on keepin' on. Love your profile and I will be sharing it to spread the word! Paige makes me laugh. She is so cute and will grow out of this stage so quickly!
Post a Comment