Sunday, June 9, 2013

Blowing By

 
I keep thinking I am all up to date on the blog posting, until I look and realize how much time has passed since the last post. Time is seriously blowing by. Unfortunately, the wind is too. I apparently touted the nice weather a little too premature. Since the last post,  I can't say I have been in love with conditions. We have had sun, but too much wind for my liking. Is it like this every year and I have selective memory, or is it actually worse this year? Regardless, we have kept ourselves busy, not sure if we have been productive, but definitely busy!
 
 
Mark and I (mostly I) have been working on our second home study....yippee (insert sarcasm). Our current home study works for everyone except LDS Family Services. They initially said they would take an independent home study, but then changed their minds. It has been beyond annoying to do that process for a second time, but it is a necessary evil. We haven't had the best of luck finding other agencies to work with for one reason or another. We initially wanted to work with a number of different places, but many want a substantial amount up front which makes that impossible. Something that has been somewhat of a shock to me is the response I get once I mention we are LDS. People have been all sorts of excited about working with us until they find that out. I recognize I live in a bubble, but it is still slightly shocking that many still don't believe we are Christian.
 
 
In other news, my parents officially leave in less than two weeks. I am in denial. I try not to think about it too much. I know I am almost 30 and this shouldn't be this devastating, but it makes me sad. I have loved watching Paige develop a relationship with her grandparents. It has been beneficial to me, but so much more so for Paige. She adores them, and sadly, she won't even remember the time she has had with them. She will be in kindergarten when they get home---and home won't even be here. So strange! Additionally, they have been packing and moving stuff into our crawl space a little bit at a time. In the past week, the old homestead has really thinned out. In a week, it will no longer be "Boppa's and Mamma's".  I am sad to see it go. In a world where people are surrounded by extended family, generations of family for that matter, I am still coming to grips with the fact I won't have any left nearby. It seems much more obvious than it might be if we lived in a different part of the country. My side of the family will be a complete mystery to Paige. My mom's family was much the same way for me, and it always made me a bit sad. We have been trying to cram in as much fun time as possible with my parents, and I hope to cram a lot more in what little time we have left.
 
 


Paige can be such a girly-girl. This was the first time she wore this dress, and she told me looked "so pretty!" She was pretty excited when I suggested we take a picture for Boppa and Livvy.
 
Memorial Day looks awfully nice and warm doesn't it?! The kick off to summer is always terrible weather it seems like. This year was no different. It was SO windy, but down in the river bottoms behind our house, it wasn't too bad. I was surprised at how calm it was down there. We decided to roast some marshmallows with Mark's family. It was pretty despite the cooler temperatures, and we ended up having a great time. Paige loves being with her cousins.
 
Love that we can go "camping" in our backyard, and sleep in our own beds. That is the type of camping I love the most.
 
I have found nap time is much more productive when Paige and I spend time outside. We try to get out and walk every chance we get. This particular day wasn't very nice, and Paige was going nuts, which in turn drove Mom nuts. I had a few hours to kill before Mark came home to save the day, so a walk it was! Paige is so easily distracted and her legs are so short, a walk in the river bottoms can easily turn into a big ole excursion. Roxy has embraced the farm life and was running around somewhere, covered in cow poop. Boots never strays too far from Paige, and as much as I hate to admit it, she smells WAY better than the dog! She is such a moody cat, but she has been really fun for Paige. Paige bosses it around and thinks it obeys her. Paige is turning into quite the little sass! Even the animals aren't immune.
 
These pictures were all taken last week. My mom and I were also present, but you would never know it. Paige was pretty sure it was ALWAYS Boppa's turn. My dad spoils her and I don't mind one bit. Honestly, that is his job! I have loved every minute of these adventures. I may shed a tear or two each time they end, knowing they are limited. Let's face it, I have been spoiled too.



So sweet.

Paige rode the carousel about 15 times and still pitched a fit when it was over. I may have to purchase the 75 ride pass twice this summer! Love that my baby loves horses of any kind. Last year she still needed help. This year she grabbed the reins and was ready to ride all on her own.

You won't find one picture of me and dolls as a young lass. Paige is quite the cute little mommy though. She has a whole bunch of friends she likes to take care of. Tonight she got to see a newborn up close and personal for the first time. She was pretty amazed by it, and pretty darn sweet as well. Paige has a very kind heart and is very good at sharing, giving kisses, and being soft. I fear that one day she will be more help than I would like!









3 comments:

Nancy said...

Backyard camping = Paradise! Although I am loving our city home for the while, I can't wait for the country to be home!

Nate and Kayla said...

Paige is turning into a little girl now!!! She gets cuter and cuter each day!! You better stop by when you are missing your family. My chaotic life will definitely be a change of scenery! Can I come camping in your backyard? That's pretty awesome!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.