Wow--It has been a crazy few weeks and I am pretty much behind in everything, especially blogging. I am pretty sure 5 people read my blog, so I know it's been a huge disappointment to the masses having no updates. The move was overall successful, we have a few loose ends that still need to be tied up, but we are in and mostly unpacked. I have a junk room, mostly filled with decor that hasn't found a home yet. I have been reluctant to take pictures and give y'all the big reveal because there are quite a few things that need finishing. I lived without cabinets for a few days, I now have most of my cabinets done, but no hardware and a few key doors are gone. I have no bathroom mirrors, towel or toilet paper roll holders, mailbox, and the main feature in my living room is currently a massive tower of plywood. It is pretty beautiful. Now that the holidays are over, I am hoping some of these loose ends will get tied up. It has been lovely being here, having a garage and a furnace and a nice big old tub to sit in when I have had enough! The cleaning process was a disaster. Mark was pretty sure it was worth saving some money and having me do all the construction cleaning. While that may be true, after 3 straight cleaning days I was ticked I agreed to do it. In the future and for anyone wondering, it may not be a waste of money having someone else do all that nitty gritty. It was awful. My hands are still trying to recover. I am still finding dust everywhere, and probably will for years. I have been maniacal when it has come to cleanliness, I want it all to be perfect. My OCD is in full swing, but no matter how hard I try, it just isn't going to be perfect. I spent HOURS on my kitchen floor, and still vacuum it almost every day, and as soon as someone walks through the door, sawdust is tracked everywhere. I am learning it is a battle I can't win, and a pretty ridiculous battle anyway.
Paige's birthday fell right on moving day, so we pushed it back a week and I threw a little housewarming/birthday party for the grandparents and Paige's birth family. I didn't think moving and getting ready for Christmas was enough to keep me busy I guess. It turned out to be an awesome day and everything came together really well. I made the cake, hot cocoa, and appetizer, but cheated on the main meal and bought chicken salad sandwiches and a salad. Best idea ever---thanks Mom! Paige was so fun and pretty excited about the presents, cake, and extra attention she was getting. She wasn't spoiled at all! I was so grateful her birth family made the trek up here to be with us. They made the day super special. We love them and they really are an extension of our family! This sweet thing is starting college this semester and I feel like a proud mamma. I am SO happy for her. I knew the moment I met her she had more tenacity and gumption than almost anyone I had ever met. She is an incredible person and has taught me what it means to overcome obstacles and soar!
Gotta love this picture! If you were ever wondering why Paige is so darn beautiful, this should provide you with an answer!
After seeing the amazing He-Man cake my sister-in-law made for my nephew a few months back, I was feeling inspired and slightly pressured to come up with something decent for Paige. My little brother helped me quite a bit with the finishing touches. I think it turned out really cute, and it was YUMMY! I cheated and did a cake mix, but the frosting is a homemade mint frosting that was delicious. It is my grandmother's recipe and was one of the fancier things I have ever attempted to make. Not hard, but room for error for sure. I had no back up plan, so thank goodness it turned out!
Remember the part about Paige being spoiled?! Well in addition to the fabulous presents from her parents and grandparents, her birth family brought up this special gift. Her very own kitty. Paige was ecstatic and hasn't stopped! Poor kitty has had to learn some survival skills and I don't think there is a mutual love going on. Paige directs the kitty, bosses the kitty, and packs the kitty around. We tried to name the kitty Boots after Paige's other love, but everyone keeps calling it Kitty. I don't know if we can move past that. Paige was pretty excited to share her new tent, tea set, and shopping cart with the cat. The cat was less excited about all these adventures. Kitty has since been banished to the garage, where it is still being spoiled, but still tries to sneak into the house now and then. Unacceptable. You are cute Kitty, but you are not going to be a house cat on this farm! I am hoping it has some mad mousing skills!
After Paige's party, we had about three whole days before it was time for Christmas. Paige was pretty excited about this fun magnetic calendar from Grandma. It was one of the very few decorations that made it up this year. I snapped the other shot on Christmas Sunday. It was her holiday dress this year and she looked so cute!
Christmas morning seems to be a little overwhelming for Paige. She was pretty unsure about things and wanted some serious snuggles from Grandpa before she warmed up to the whole idea. This is becoming a Christmas tradition. Here is this years picture.....
And last years......
I don't know why she has a breakdown, but that is how we start the day. She warmed up a lot quicker this year, and was once again spoiled!
She LOVES this roller coaster. It is the gift that keeps on giving. In addition to the coaster, she got a stroller and bottle for her baby, which she opened first and refused to put down to open other presents. She also got a new stuffed animal (baby she says), Little People Playhouse, clothes, hat, books, and candy.
Pretty sure I have asked for a pony for Christmas since I was 3, Mark made my dreams come true and surprised me with this little guy. I was floored! I found this guy in October and fell in love. Mark seemed very disinterested and then told a few lies that put me way off track. He wrapped the AQHA papers and few pictures for me to open Christmas morning. I was so shocked and happy, I cried. Something about Scout grabbed my attention and I wasn't looking for any other horses. I was so sad when Mark said he was no longer for sale.Yay! Glad he is no longer for sale;)
Here are a few teasers of the new house. This light fixture caused me some anxiety. Our first choice fell through, and I loved this one in the store, but once it was hung, I was worried it was too low. You can see the box in the background waiting for a final decision. In the end, I decided I wasn't tall, and I loved the fixture too much to part with it.
This was our living room the night they laid carpet, we moved in two days later. That plywood monstrosity still looks that way, it just has a TV up there instead of doorknobs. I love this carpet. One of the best choices I made for sure!
Last Saturday, we rolled into Texas Roadhouse. I have taken a cooking hiatus over the holidays. I haven't had time to go to the store really, so eating out and over at families has been the ticket. Between that and my overindulgence in food....the last few weeks have been scary I am sure. Hopefully tomorrow we will get back into the swing of things. Paige is usually a nightmare to eat out with, but this night she did great and we had so much fun!
Earlier that day, Mark decided to take Paige on a 4-wheeler ride. It was darn cold outside, like 9 degrees. I tried to bundle up Paige the best I could for her first real snow adventure. I hate the snow, so we don't get out much. I leave those activities to Dad, and last year she was just too small. Mark said she loved it. She was pretty happy when she came home, but her face was frozen. Even Mark had to admit it was a little frosty out there!
And thus ended our Holidays. We had a great time, even if it was a little unorthodox. I feel so sad it came and went so fast and we had little time to soak it all in. I honestly hate the thought of a new year. Time seems to go so fast. I am unprepared for life to pass so quickly. I hate that I am getting older, that Paige is getting older, that the world is getting more and more crazy. Ahh! It all just stresses me out. 2013 has already promised some bittersweet changes and I am pretty much dreading June. Gah, it will be a pretty big life change for us around here. Hopefully some good things are around the corner and I can get some things figured out. I feel like I am running out of time. Does anyone else ever feel that way? I feel like time is short for so many things, but especially growing our family. I know it isn't true...kinda....but it really feels as if I am running out of time and I have no direction. I do not have a plan. I want a baby so bad, but have no plan and don't feel like I have much control. Add with the June life changer and I really feel like I am running outta time. Hopefully I can shed some light on that soon, but now isn't the time for the big blog reveal. I hope this year isn't a stalemate for us. I honestly crave change and progress in my life. Strange I know, but I feel like I get restless pretty easy. I think that's why I hate January so much. It just feels dull and like nothing ever happens. I hope I didn't just dare karma and curse myself with something bad. It seems to happen that way right? At least for me anyways!
I have been reading a novel my other sister-in-law wrote (seriously I have overachieving, awesome, sister-in-laws that make me feel super untalented), and it is honestly a good story. How cool is that? She wrote a book...sheesh! I am hoping I find some confidence, drive, and niche for myself this year. I hope I can find and accomplish something fulfilling and self-improving. If I could only discover what that might be, I could actually make a resolution to do it!
Well 5 readers, thanks for sticking it out to the end of my really long post. It feels good to catch up and journal a little bit about our last few weeks! We feel very blessed and humbled by our blessings. I hope we can be deserving of them and look for ways to lift those around us. Happy New Year to all our friends and loved ones, we hope it's a good one for us all!

















6 comments:
I am SO excited for you that you got a horse! What a great Christmas present and he looks beautiful! (Of course Paige looks beautiful and so does your house, but you know I have such an affinity for horses!) :)
BTW I love the light fixture in your room! Totally right up my alley!
I don't know if I'm counted as one of your 5 readers, but I do follow your blog and I can't wait to find out what's happening in June. I hope it's something good!
Jenny!!! I am a follower too! So make that 6! I have loved reading up on your new adventures! And an anxious to hear what June will bring.....?!!?! Where did you build? I would love to see your house! Let's catch up sometime! Two 0 1, five nine 0 5.
A house and a horse for Christmas! WAH! You one lucky girl. Looks like to me that Karma is on your side sliding into 2013 ENJOY IT!
your house look BEAUTIFUL, planters! i can't wait to come and visit you this coming year! paige def has a looker for a mom :) keep breathing and don't think too much. june will come to pass and it will all work out in the end...and if it doesn't work out, it is not yet the end. love ya!
Oh little Paige! Growing up so fast and getting more beautiful each and every day. Maybe you need to have an open house because it sounds like a lot of people need to come over! :)
I LOVE the house and you and Paige and maybe even Mark :) I am so glad we got to come see it and spend time with you guys even if it was for only a little bit. I seriously miss you with every beat of my heart!
Post a Comment