In the next 3 days, the house should be completed. It will be a blitz, but I think it is doable. Electrical is done and inspection is passed. Today is plumbing, tomorrow is carpet. Hopefully my cabinets and fireplace will also be done today and tomorrow. That really is all that is left. Mark is pretty tired of buying annoying things like hardware and blinds...all the fun details you don't have to deal with when you buy an existing home. The backsplash situation is causing me serious anxiety. I had NO idea how expensive they are! I feel like it is the most expensive part of the house, which I know is not true, but it feels that way. Especially since it comes at the end when our wallets feel a bit lighter. I was hoping it wasn't going to be a necessity right away, but I can tell it will be, especially in the bathrooms.
It has honestly been a pretty insane few weeks. I feel like we have been super busy doing nothing. Everyday is full of lots of little errands, combined with nap time and wham! Another day spent with not a lot to show for it. We have managed to have a little fun, highlighted by a trip to see family, including Paige's birthmom and her family. I always love seeing them! It had been much too long, and we had a great time, even despite waiting in traffic for an hour only to find that we arrived at the wrong mall. GRRRRR. I have no one to blame for that mistake but myself. Even though I really wanted to blame Mark:) We had our first ever hotel experience with Paige, and I have to say she did really good. She was fascinated by the elevator, and I think I am the only one that didn't get any sleep. Paige climbed into bed with me in the wee hours of the morning and I enjoyed a very rare snuggling moment, which was enjoyable but not restful. Paige is not a peaceful sleeper. Between Mark and Paige, I was hanging on the edge of the king sized bed, freezing cold. How do those family bed people do it?!
Can't wait for some summer evenings on this front porch!
Even though it's freezing cold, it helps keep the mud at bay.
We are still waiting for cabinet doors and drawers, hopefully soon. I didn't notice until I posted this picture that Paige had sneaked herself into it. She pretty much thinks the new house is a fun playground.
My awesome wood floors in Mark's office and the foyer.
Cool tile around my tub, I forgot to take a picture of the shower, it looks amazing!
LOVE our granite, we changed our minds at the last minute to go with this particular slab, but I am glad we did. The colors are perfect for our home.
Cabinets before the granite. We even have appliances now.
This little girl is as baby hungry as her mamma. She always has a friend by her side. Last night she changed the diapers of two plush snowmen. I have to say she did a pretty good job. She insisted these two babies eat with her. I love her bib that proclaims her love for a mysterious big sister. Pears and chicken nuggets are 2 of 4 foods I can get Paige to eat regularly. And of course......ranch!
This picture was taken by Paige's birthmom. I love that Paige is sharing her sucker and that as Mark licks it, Paige sticks her tongue out.
A good cheese moment.
Hats and babies are the current obsession around these parts. We bought this hat for her last Christmas, but she has only recently decided it was cool.
Can't believe this little bug of mine will be 2 this week. AHHH! Time flies. We will have to postpone the big party for a week since her actual birthday will be one busy moving day. We are so blessed to have her in our home. She makes our lives a lot more exciting.
















7 comments:
God bless your move! It is a dream house - and you will be able to wake up in it every morning! Stellar.
i hope the whole hobbs clan helps you pack! i'm sure you do a great job moving, planters. wish i could help! the house looks so great! i love the kitchen color and style! you'll have a new home to celebrate christmas in! ya!
Can't wait to see the house in person! It looks great! I hope everything goes well this weekend! I can't believe Paige is 2! It seems like not to long ago I was meeting her for the first time! Love you and miss you guys!
Looks beautiful! I'm so excited for you!
Your house looks amazing. It will feel so good to finally be in it and enjoy it! (And I am very excited to come see it when you are all ready).
We loved seeing you guys so much and I can't wait for next week! Please let me know if there is anything we can bring up or a project we can help with while we're there. The house looks amazing!!
So pretty Jenny! I really need to pay you a visit!
Post a Comment