Thursday, July 28, 2011

7 Months

Paige is seriously the cutest--(even though currently she is refusing to take a nap despite the fact she can hardly keep her eyes open, at least she is making cute sounds). One year ago I was a nervous wreck, we were headed to Utah in the morning to meet our prospective birthmother for the first time, at the agency. I had never done anything like this, and though we had hit it off through our emails, I was still really nervous about meeting her in person. I wanted her to like us so badly! I had put together a package that I was hoping she would like. I wondered what to wear. I wondered what to say, what to ask. Ahhh! Incredibly, as soon as we were finally face to face, it felt like we had known each other for years. We immediately hugged, and for me--that was it! I was immediately hooked. I love our sweet angel birthmother and I love thinking back on our time together. Here we are a year later, I love her more than ever, and I love this sweet adorable miracle I get to squeeze everyday.

The day before her 7 month mark, Paige decided it was time to roll over. Since then, she is now a pro, except she can't roll from her tummy to her back quite yet. She is close, but she mostly just gets stuck and asks for a little help. She actually is trying to crawl, but can't figure out the logistics and it appears mobility will be a ways off still. Paige sits up like a champ these days and loves to think she is big. She has recently started to eat some finger foods and LOVES them. She doesn't quite know that she can feed herself yet. She would rather hold them in her hands and open her mouth for me to put something in it. The first try, she was able to feed herself, I think she realized it was just easier if I did it and has refused since. I do however love watching someone chew with two bottom teeth. It is quite the feat. I don't think I could do it personally.

Paige went to her first parade on the 4th of July, which she hated, but did much better at the Pioneer Day parade. She actually sat peacefully through the whole thing and made adorable growls at things she liked. Last Sunday, she went on her first 4-wheeler ride which she loved. I think she likes the wind blowing through her hair. Her hair is still a mess, but a hot mess so I can't bring myself to cut it. She is something else and Mark and I just love having her in our lives!

As for Mark and I, when we aren't busy being parents, Mark finds work and I play soccer once a week. I am supposed to be doing the Grand Teton Relay in August and have had a rigorous training schedule of not running. I do a little here and there, but definitely not enough. I am taking the optimistic approach with the power of positive thinking to somehow help me to finish. If anyone wants to run for me, I would love to let them;) Mark seriously comes home from work and then finds some sort of work to do. Mostly stuff for the horses which he loves so I suppose it is fun for him. We are trying to sell our house in hopes of having livestock at our house so we might actually enjoy them as a family. Darn market isn't super conducive to selling, but since I adore this house, I hope someone else might as well. Mark's health continues to be amazing and cancer sure seems like a thing of the past, except for an occasional check-up and a few gut wrenching nightmares that freak Mark out once in awhile. Overall, we are loving summer, being outside, working in the yard, and being together. Here are a few pictures of the last little while:
Having a good time with Grandpa at the parade.

Love this face--and that she always has her arms spread eagle.

Seeing the pattern? Grandpa, spread eagle, the usual.

This is a super cool trick Grandpa taught her. She is just too cute.

Love her!

At the parade, we look amazing I know.

8 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

What a cutie! It cracks me up how different babies are! My little Oliver is not even 3 months yet and already out weighs little Paige by 2 lbs! I so love how much you enjoy her!

Jenna Johnson said...

She is the cutest!!! Jenny come run with me! I run the butte really really early some mornings to I can get home before matts work! I can pick you up on the way!

Nancy said...

I should have been smarter and thought of connecting with you at the parade cuz we were there too! just down the road on main in front of Broulims, oh sill my for not thinking of meeting the little peanut (and big cashew) in person.

Chantell Hammond said...

Three things:
1-Paige is ADORABLE!
2-I'd love to take your place for the relay, I just finished one (the Epic, which I think the Teton one is too?) and LOVED it. Too bad I'm so dang far away :)
3- We are coming up to Idaho next week. I hope I can see you and Paige in person. Needless to say I'll be monitoring your parents house carefully. I'd love to get Paige and Alivia together.

Unknown said...

you'll totally kick that race with some positive thinking! just mutli-task the thinking with some jogging and you'll be great! ;)

Anna said...

What an adorable little girl you have there! Hope you have fun doing the relay, you'll do great!

Jacob and Krista Flamm said...

She is such a cutie, love the arms out... it makes her even cuter! Looks like she is a blast!

Mercedi said...

Jenny, thank you for commenting on Rob' blog. I am amazed at your strength. I skimmed back a few posts of yours and read your "I can do hard things" post. Thank you for writing that. Life is hard. You know that first hand. Thank you for reaching out to me. I can look at you and think "if she made it through those hard times with your husband...I can too". Thank you.