Friday, July 15, 2011

6 Months

Yes--Paige is 7 months, I will get there eventually. But, for the sake of journaling, I can't just leap ahead. Here is Paige's 6 month update:

Weight: 13 lbs 3 oz 10th percentile
Height: 25 in 25th percentile
Head: 16 in
Chest: 15 in

Paige is such a sweet little bug! She is eating all sorts of foods now,  but her favorite seems to be squash--except the strawberry yogurt fruit dip from Chiz's and cream cheese frosting Grandpa snuck her were also a hit. She actually eats really well and even downs green beans. Sadly, she is a healthier eater than I am! She sleeps super good at night,  but naptime has been somewhat difficult the last few weeks. Feel free to offer suggestions! Paige is an observer. She LOVES to people watch. She is very even tempered and content. The only time I see her upset is when she is tired. Unreasonable Paige then makes an appearance, but who can blame her! I'm all sorts of grumpy when I am tired too. Paige loves her feet and thinks they are an extra set of hands. Grandma set out an awesome firetruck for her at the doctor, and Paige's first instinct was to grab it with her toes and raise the ladder up with her feet. Talented, but slightly alarming. Her favorite sound to make is a subtle growl. I am not quite sure where that came from (Mark) or where the crinkle face snort smile maneuver (Mark) comes from. The girl loves her daddy, which still seems rather unfair. I work hard at trying to get her to say "mamamamama" but I can promise her first word will probably be "Roxy," "No," or "dadda". Paige loves to watch Roxy and if she is upset, Roxy can usually snap her out of it. The heavy breathing and growling might have come from Roxy, but it is hard to say since Mark also shares those characteristics;)

Paige is definitely a little girl. She loves flowers and is so gentle with them. She graces them with her fingers and growls in awe. She is pretty soft when she touches the curtains, my hair, or Roxy's ears with her little hands. Her feet are a different story. Her legs have a mind of their own and she loves to throw them about and slams them on the floor or on her mattress. She has only a few toys that catch her interest, and they are all things she can handle gingerly with her fingers. The caterpillar that hangs from her carseat is a favorite and I can hear her talking to him in the backseat while I drive. So cute! Paige officially has two teeth and I think she is working on another. Paige also loves her stroller and will sit in it for hours as long as it is moving. She really has no fear and really doesn't shy away from anything, animals, people, fireworks.....whatever! Paige is such a sweet girl and the love of our life!

This month was also our second year participating in Relay for Life. It was interesting to see how different life can be in a year. Last year, Mark was just a few days post chemotherapy and let's be honest, he looked terrible! This year, he was able to take his survivor lap with his beautiful daughter in perfect health. We live in such an amazing community and it was fun to meet up with our cancer family to celebrate life. We love Relay and are grateful to all those who put so much into it.

Other than that, our summer has been pretty low key. We are enjoying the sunshine that finally decided to stick around. We managed to get some landscaping done and I actually had a blast doing it. The more I work on our house to make it more appealing to buyers, the more I love it myself! It is a great house and I would love to build a very similar one someday--perhaps in a very warm place.

Happy girl with pants that are still too big. They pretty much are up to her armpits in this picture. If you look close, you can see her teeth there on the bottom.

Cute little face!

All together at Relay for Life

Walking with her dad on the survivor lap.
A back view of her special hairdo. Blonde and long in front, bald and dark in the back. It is her shadow box/mullet look.

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck Mason has the EXACT same hairdo! Blond and long on top, dark and mullety in the back! She is such a cutie and I'm so glad you guys got to participate in the survivor lap at Relay!

Nancy said...

One year in a life can certainly change everything! I am amazed, as if I had just read about relay for life from last year. Nap advice: have you read the book 'Babywise'? I know it always seemed to have the tricks to help guide through the ever changing schedules. Seems there is a transition from 3 naps to 2 naps to 1 nap that makes sense with age as well. The teeth are probably contributing too, maybe some orajel right around naptime.