I feel like we have been really busy doing nothing but it sure has made me tired! Our one vacation this summer was thanks to our awesome friends who invited us up to their cabin. I don't know if they realize how much we needed this little break, and how much we love and appreciate them. They are SO good to us and one of the many reasons I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the support system we have around us. The older I get, the less daring I become and the more fearful I am of trying new things. Since our pals have an amazing boat, I knew I was going to get roped into trying to wakeboard. I was really nervous about this, but after some prodding I decided I had to give it a try. I'm sure I looked amazing the first few times, but I felt like I got the hang of it and I am now officially hooked. I love it! Even the freezing cold water couldn't deter me. Paige loved the boat, and loved Danyele letting her suck on Swedish Fish. Mark was nervous about getting on the wakeboard as well--it was the first real test his knee has had since the ACL/cancer deal. He took it easy, but I think he loved getting out there too.
Being big, standing up, and loving the boat ride.
Kicking it back with Dad.
Using a high level of concentration trying to figure out how to get in and out of the wake without crashing.
Paige turned 8 months and has really changed in just a short time. She eats a lot more solid foods and has mastered rolling to the point of near mobility. She rolls everywhere! In the past two weeks she has started to get on her hands and knees, but can only move backwards. I can see the frustration in her face because she thinks is moving forward until she figures out the toy she wanted is further away. It is fun to see her figure things out. She moved up from the Bumbo to her own high chair and loves it. She loves to feed herself Gerber puffs and such off the tray--that was a learning feat in and of itself. She now has the little pinchers mastered. Paige loves a good book and its the only time I can get her to sit still and snuggle with me. She has a mean streak of independence at the right ole age of 8 months. I'm taking the liberty of blaming her birth mother for that strong independence gene!;)
Mark's company rented out the new Rexburg Rapids for and evening and it was the perfect time to take Paige for her first swim. She loved it! Honestly--the girl has no fear. I have yet to see her get anxious about any new adventure. She shows stranger danger now and then, but for the most part will let just about anyone hold her.
With her new found mobility, she is always sleeping in a crazy position. I particularly love the foot.
The cutest face ever.
First time in the pool.
Splashing the feet and back floating.
Braving the slide. Mark was pretty scared.
Wondering what to think about the whole deal.
Had to prove I was there, and yes I've experimented with brown hair again.
Loving Grandpa and the fact he will share his Popsicle's. Seriously those cheeks!
Just because a Steiner summer wouldn't be the same without some sort of tragedy--we got a call two weeks ago that our favorite horse Chula was dead out in the pasture. The verdict is still out as to what happened to our 4 year old horse. We think it was a heart attack or perhaps lightening. He had been to the vet 4 days previous and had gotten a clean bill of health. It was quite the shock and we miss him. Mark had spent a lot of time on him with the trainer this winter and they both had learned a lot. We had high hopes for him. It is hard to lose a horse, especially when you have worked hard to build a trusting relationship. Chula had the perfect personality and size to be the perfect horse for Paige. We hoped the would grow up together. Earlier this summer we sold our other horse Sonny, so for right now our barn is empty. For the first time in our married lives, we don't own a horse. It feels a little empty and our hearts hurt a bit.
These were taken earlier this summer. I rode twice this summer, for like 30 minutes. I miss it and it looks like I will be missing it for awhile.
I have no pictures, except for some awesome ones of me basically eating on Facebook, but I was able to finish the Grand Teton Relay. It was a pretty fun race. They have a few things to iron out, and I feel very lucky our team didn't come across a bear--a few other teams weren't so lucky. I ran good times for me on each of my legs for which I was grateful after a lack luster training schedule. I had a van full of the most amazing ladies. It was hard to leave Paige for the first time, but it was great being around some of my favorite people. I appreciated the laughs and the support of good friends. Overall it was a great experience, even though the night and day after were probably some of the most painful I have ever experienced after 6 miles down the Jackson Pass. I'm grateful I didn't have to run up it, but it seriously tore my muscles up coming down! Thanks Hali for the invit, I had a fabulous time.
Last but definitely not least, you will notice the new button I just had to grab for my side bar. I stumbled across this blog via the Sullengers, and it pulled at my heart strings. I can't help but think of this family everyday and I check their blog daily. They are an incredible family! Mercedi is one amazing woman and is fast becoming one of my heroes and I don't even know her. I wish I did! I am grateful she is willing to share their story with the rest of us. I wish I could do more, but I think they could use all the prayers they could get. There is also a place on their page to donate and help them out. I can't imagine a more deserving cause. This blog reminds me how fragile life is, how fast it can change, how important family is, and that miracles never cease.





10 comments:
I might have to agree with that streak of independence ;) but the lack of cuddling is a bummer!
Paige is so adorable! Loved all the cute pictures.
So sorry about your horse. :(
Perhaps you can buy a boat now and not have to feed it hay all year round? oops, that may sound heartless, I was just being excited that you found out you love wakeboarding! Next try wake surfing and you will be an addict.
Finally a new post, I have been waiting for this for like ever! :) Sad about Chula! I remember the first time we met and the only time haha. Paige is getting so big! I miss those cheeks! I also miss you! So much that right now we are texting haha love you! Oh and yay for learning how to wakeboard and your hair does look way more brown then in the pic you sent me, but I like it!
Your baby is so adorable. May I even dare say that she looks like you?!?!
Sounds like you did get some adventures in this summer...hopefully more to come before the cold bite of winter comes to Iceburg, I mean Rexburg, again.
So sorry about your horse.
i can't believe you were in the water without a wetsuit on! you brave girl! sorry about your horse (that sounds like a sympathy card) but yay for running and family time and brown hair!
What a hot mama you are on that wakeboard!!
Haha..... cute! :D you need to tell mark i have so TAYLOR SWIFT video footage for him i recorded "mean" his favorite song he said. So, i need to send it onto his phone or show him next time i go to my grandma's house! he WILL like it...
it is Madison if you are wondering!! :D you are probley like "whoever this is she is a creeper" jk but its Madison you're niece
Post a Comment