This picture melts my heart. I have so much love for everyone in this picture!
Mark wanted to make sure I clarified my last post. He is very good at changing diapers, wet ones. He has always been willing to change a wet bum. On Friday, he caved under peer pressure and decided it was his moment to prove to the world he could also do poop.
He honestly got one of the worst poopy bums I ever did see. Trial by fire. But, now he knows he can conquer them all! Paige smiled through the whole thing.
Yesterday was such a special day for us. Paige has felt like ours from the beginning, but there is some weight that is lifted when it becomes legal. Hard to explain, I never felt like it was because something would "happen," but I guess it is just nice to know that you can take her on a trip, or get a kitten, or whatever without notifying the agency. I don't know why I was surprised by this, but court is really official. I guess you hear so much about the happiness and what not, that we were a little surprised by the seriousness of it all. It is good, I am glad court is official and serious, I guess I just didn't know what to except. I got a little teary eyed when I finally heard the judge give his ruling and pronounce that our baby would now legally be known as Paige Ryann S______ and we would be legally responsible for her well being. It was nice to share it with our families and it was nice having our lawyers be not only amazing, but really good friends. Thank you D________ for being incredible.
It is always so interesting that sweet baby Paige is an angel unless something important is happening. She rarely spits up and on this occasion, she hadn't even gone poop since Saturday. She pretty much projectile vomited on our way out the door, making us late, and then she got to work messing her shorts as soon as the judge started to talk. Great timing. She was pretty fussy the whole time and she smelled amazingly bad. By the time we got to the picture taking, she was ticked. I was able to console with a bottle that pretty much makes an appearance in all these photos despite my ridiculous attempts to hide it. I have crazy eyes thanks to the crying and my hair has been ignored since Paige came into my life, but I still love these:
Her cute court outfit. Love the tights that don't fit yet.
Getting excited to go to court
Hopefully the last time she has to see the judge or she has a few families that will be wanting to send her to wilderness camp;)
Her happy, stinky self. Still cute though. Mark and I are blessed with an amazing support group. How cute is my little brother by the way?
My good friend Steve who helped us out so much. He and his dad are great! So weird that we are grown ups now. I have a baby, Steve is a lawyer. Where does time go? It doesn't seem that long ago that we were playing night games in Steve's backyard or that Mark and Steve were playing high school baseball. I love that my head tilts to the side in all these pictures. Must be the baby I always hold on the left side. It must be causing a left side droop!


4 comments:
I love everything about this post. Love Love Love. Congrats on officially becoming the three of you. Can't wait for you to experience the temple- it makes the whole insanity of infertility and adoption SO WORTH IT.
Congrats Jenny! You are amazing and your family is beautiful. We definitely need to get together soon!
Congrats on the official adoption! That is so exciting! I think it is awesome that you have an open adoption with Paige's birthmom. That is very special that Paige has both of her mother's love. She's one lucky girl!
Congratulations on the 1st step of Paige being yours. Next is Sealing her to you. After watching close friends of ours go through the adoption process, it is sad that not everyone has such a good experience as you have had. I agree it is crazy to think of Steve Dalling as a lawyer. Inevitably we all have to grow up. Congradulatioms again!!!!
Post a Comment