Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 Months

Ahh! I can't believe my baby is 3 months old. It seems like time is flying, but I can't remember not having her around. There are vague memories of it being a tad easier to leave the house, but I can't imagine not having this little girl in my life. She is such a great big blessing to Mark and I. She has such a special spirit that goes along perfectly with her special background. Some wise angel once told me that Paige had a big mission in front of her and came to this earth, in her own special way, found her way into both of our lives for a special purpose, and that will only continue as she grows into the special woman she is bound to become. I had the oppurtunity to have a girls weekend with Paige's birthmom, birthgrandma, and some friends. We had such a GREAT time. I look forward to many more in the future. It feels like I have a whole new family that cares not only about Paige, but me as well. All weekend I had to pinch myself; it was very surreal. What a blessing they are to me. We look forward to our sealing, March 26th. Her birth family will be joining us, gives me chills! Heavenly Father has been so evident in this process, and we will all feel that once again, so strongly, together, with ALL our families. Paige will be surrounded by family, friends, and angels that have helped us through this process.

Besides being a mom to this beautiful girl, I stay busy getting housework done, playing some soccer, and keeping up with my calling. I am the cultural arts specialist (fancy for activities) and am in charge of a ward dance number for the upcoming Stake activities night. Mark is a good husband and has been dragged into this with a positive attitude despite his inabilities in dancing. With practice, he actually does pretty darn good and is a good sport about it. Mark had a scan about a week ago and it came back clean. Always good news! His biggest side affect are his lungs. He gets winded easy and sounds very labored after any activity. I am going to have to whip him into shape. We need his knee better too so I can have a running buddy. I am itching to get back into running, but it is hard to find the time. If Mark could come with me, we could take the baby and the dog. He continues to work hard at work and enjoys what he does. Our horse Chula is currently at the trainers, and Mark goes out on Friday mornings to ride and learn from the trainer. It has been really great. Sonny is out there for a tune up, we plan on selling him to buy a smaller, younger horse.

So happy!

Smiling at her birthmama. Good thing someone can capture smiles on camera and send them to me!

The stinkin adorable tutu they brought for Paige on their visit. It is 12 months, so we have some time to grow into it.

Getting ready for church last Sunday.

Sporting her big girl jeans and new outfit. Her hair is going blonde on us. This was taken on her 3 month birthday.
This was awhile ago, but too funny. Roxy loves her and gets jealous at the same time.

Her nursery, my sister-in-laws made the curtains, bumpers, crib skirt, and quilt. Love it! It is so perfect.

"Soar" is our little theme for Paige. It describes her birthmother perfectly, and I pray that Paige will  also soar above all her trials and in everything she does. I have always love birds and I love how this all turned out. It is always fun to decorate with meaning.

3 comments:

Anna said...

She is darling and I love her nursery!! Everytime I read posts about her and her special venture to this earth and to your family I get teary eyed! Such a testimony of faith and endurance and BLESSINGS of course!!

Nancy said...

There is a big breath...past 3 months, and now time for a whole new wadrobe! I love dressing babies. I am intrigued by all the work that goes into keeping horses, do you think it is worth it?

Unknown said...

way to go, planters! great set up, cute little girl, and some grand memories in the making! come out east and i will be your running buddy!