It was hard to get a good picture of the actual haul. We got some really amazing things, boxes full of toys! I packed things up pretty good, so pictures of the boxes really don't do it justice. We needed two vehicles to get the stash there. It was fun gathering everything up, I felt a little like Santa. Legos, Barbies, stuffed animals, coloring books, reading books, clay, play dough, dr play kits, cars, blocks, board games, activity centers, strollers, turtles, wooden dolls, ponies, a handmade train, movies, and the list goes on. I felt like a kid in a candy store and wanted to indulge in a few things myself. For the adults we got a portable dvd player, card games, and a good selection of dvds that I had a hard time not opening and watching before donating. I think the adults should sneak into the kids' room--nothing brings hope like being able to be a kid again, even if it is just a moment. We also got two boxes full of the cutest homemade valentines you ever did see, all with encouraging words to keep fighting, keep smiling, and to feel better. Words really can't express how fun it was to have such a wonderful response. Thank you!
The black bag is full of the cutest beanie babies and stuffed animals ever.
With our favorite nurse--one of our angels.
Paige is now two months old. She had her check-up Friday and she is still so tiny. We will have to do a weight check in a month to see if she can pack on the pounds a bit. She is in the 10th percentile for weight and 30th percentile for height and head. Paige weighed in at 9 lbs 3 oz. She eats pretty good, so I am not too worried, but we will do our best to plump her up. If you have been lucky enough to be around her, you know that Paige isn't much of a crier. She must have anticipated her vaccinations because she wailed through the appointment. When the nurse stuck her, the mouth gaped and the head turned a deep shade of red--but no sound. After 10 seconds of catching her breath, Paige ripped out a scream heard around the world. She has since replicated that sound a few times. The newborn cry is officially gone, she learned how to really let it out. I guess she discovered she can make a ruckus. She hasn't been herself since, makes me so sad! She has slept a lot, but when not sleeping she screams (really, she does). It took awhile before I could even get her to eat again. I hope she gets back to her happy and content self soon so I feel less terrible about the whole ordeal. Paige LOVES her daddy and he was the only one that could calm her down. She is such a cheater. He has never even changed a poopy bum. I guess he did promise her my horse, a puppy, and anything else she wants. Mark told me that is the key--promise her good things. Here I thought it was the singing, reading stories, silly faces, night feedings, poopy bum changes, oh well! I love her dad too:)
In her cute Valentine's Day outfit
Too cute! She loves to have her hands in the air, I swaddled her up tight, but this little fist worked loose.


5 comments:
Paige is such a cutie! I can't believe how much she has changed since we saw her last. Don't ya hate those dang shots! Its hard to see your baby cry, huh! I don't like it one bit!
Glad to hear you got so many great donations for the clinic! That's awesome!
I'm so so happy that the project was a success. I'm sorry that your week as so hard. I can remember our first year week. I was an absolute mess. There were so many of the same things happening (Sirri's birthday, family reunion, soccer games) that it felt so dejavue. I didn't enjoy that feeling one bit. So, I can understand a little bit.
Thank you so very much for helping to make our Kick-Off such a great experience.
And Mark, YOU NEED to change a diaper. Come on dad!
Your little Paige is such a little doll!! Totally adorable!! When our little girl had her shots at 2 months, she screamed too!! But we gave her a little baby tylenol and it helped a ton!
great work on the relay for life! i thought the office looked familiar ;) linda is great! paige is a cutie! and mark needs to change some diapers!
Looks like it was a great turnout! I can't believe how big she is getting! We need to hangout again!
Post a Comment