Wednesday, February 9, 2011

8 Weeks

My little girl is 8 weeks old today. I still find it strange that I have no idea whether it is Monday or Thursday and time has little meaning, yet it flies so fast. I sometimes become sad seeing time go by because there is something so special about that newborn stage....but then I remember falling asleep brushing my teeth and I realize that having a resemblance of a routine and a baby that sleeps through the night on occasion isn't so bad either.

Paige is so fun. She smiles now--mostly at other people, but I sneak a peek when she thinks I am not looking. She is working on holding her head up and does really well. Her little legs are super strong and she pushes off things like crazy. I hope this means she is dying to be a soccer player rather than a cheerleader, no offense to our spirited folk out there, I can only relate to one side of the spectrum. I am impressed with my concern over her attire. Observing mine, you would not guess I would be excited about dressing a little girl and matching headbands to her outfits, but it really is fun. My OCD matching fetish is in overdrive. I think on a small body when all wardrobe pieces are in close proximity, it intensifies the situation. Paige and I aren't morning people, well, she is, but I am not. I find there is nothing harder than to wake up at 8. Once up, I find it even harder to get ready for the day. Please no visitors before noon, you will find us girls in our pajamas and no make up. Paige's complexion can handle that, mine can not. Our hair is both wild, but the look looks good on her. Same goes for the thighs. It seems rather unfair her chubby ones are considered cute but are unflattering on the older generations.

One year ago today Mark and I spent the entire day working on our online profile. Last year, the 11th was Thursday and Mark came in at 3 am to tell me he was sick. Tonight, I watched him feed horses and throw hay bales around while Paige and I sat in the truck. What a difference a year makes. I have never been so afraid in my life, and now I couldn't be more grateful. Life still has its challenges--they are just different now. We have learned that challenges are what teaches us. I suppose if I was smarter, I would catch on quicker and learn from hearsay....oh well, as long as I learn.

Relay for Life was AMAZING! We had such a great turnout and the donation table was full. I can't wait to present the gift on Friday. I think the clinic will be overjoyed. Even during tough times, people are good and people are generous. I love to feel strength from our community and our friends. The cancer family is strong and though it isn't a club I would have signed up for, it isn't a bad one to be involved with. I don't think we could have done this without the support. It felt great to feel that again, but this time around it was much more positive and uplifting. Mark did a great job speaking. I know he was nervous and concerned about what to say--but he was his usual people person self. Look forward to a post about our project results and pictures.

For now, enjoy some pictures of my cute baby girl:)
I like when babies wear adult clothing like cardigans and truly become little people. I find it amusing. She later smeared poop all over this outfit--not grown up behavior. We will work on that.
Rockin the hood, we have room to grow in this one. She likes to wear this and bump it in the car seat. Of course only to clean and edited songs.

You work to get her asleep, and then you work to keep her up to feed. This is after a failed feeding--just too much work being a baby. She seems so big to me, til I see her with Mark and then she is still my sweet lil baby!

This is the face I get when she doesn't agree with my accessorizing. Apparently she isn't a huge fan of the hat. This doesn't even look like her to me, who is this angry baby?

Trying to get the first captured smile, a tall order when there is a three second delay from when you push the button and the camera takes the picture. Too cheap to get a new camera.

And pretty much the end of the smile, but its close!

Just think this is funny and terribly cute. Mark will love that I put this on here, he was really prepared for the picture taking. I love how he comes home from work, washes his hands, and can't wait to pick up Paige. She is a daddy's girl despite my reasonings with her (i.e. I change poopy bums, do night feedings, spend every waking moment etc...). Oh well, I guess I like him too so I really can't get too mad. Paige rarely reasons with me and we have yet to see eye to eye on some things. I think she is preparing me for her later years.

5 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

She is beautiful and I'm glad you guys are doing so great!

Nancy said...

Dressing girls never gets boring, only more interesting as they begin to have an opinion in the matter! I love baby hair bows and outfits, it only enhances the cute to cuter!
I am so excited for your project presentation this Friday, we will add to the project next week when we come in town.

Anonymous said...

Seriously can't wrap my mind around how it has been 58, well 59 since its almost 1am, days... Its so funny how the best moments of your life pass by so fast and the bad ones just drag on.

Nate and Kayla said...

We loved the kick-off for relay with you guys. Mark did a great job!! Little Paige is cuter than ever. Love all her outfits!

Amy said...

First, Paige is darling!
Second, guess what Jace received today at the Doc's office after an emergency visit to ER yesterday and follow-up visit today for more meds....A Valentine's Card from an anonymous person. It made his day.:)

Love you three!