Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yuck

Just a quick update to let everyone know what has been happening lately. I will have to post pictures when I have more time. Mark and I went to Seattle last week. It was beautiful and sunny there, go figure. We had a good time. It felt good to get away. We haven't ventured far from the house in MONTHS. However, Mark was basically sick the entire time. He has been feeling down for about 3 weeks and couldn't kick it. He took a Z-Pack last week and it didn't do a thing. He fought a fever all day Sunday so I knew things weren't well. Monday was supposed to be chemotherapy, but we discovered that he had pneumonia. No chemo this week at all. He did receive IV antibiotics and some more pills. He has started to feel a little better, but I caught whatever bug he had and have been fighting it the last few days. I guess it is my turn to be sick. I don't know how you moms do it! Taking care of kids when you feel terrible. I was grateful I could mostly just veg. I did have to go to work both days, but I survived.

I will have to dedicate a special post about our Seattle adventure. Mark and I solidified our country bumpkin status once again. I don't think we will ever be great city folk.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

agreed. being sick is YUCK. get yurselves all better now, ya hear!