Friday, June 25, 2010

An Exciting Day!

Aside from being a summer Friday, today is even more exciting than usual. My little brother gets home from Poland late tonight and I seriously can't wait! If he misses a flight connection, I might love him less--just kidding, but I will be dissapointed. Also, tonight is the Relay for Life. We didn't think we would be able to participate, but because BJ's flight comes in so late, Mark is hoping to make it into the survivor lap at 6:00. I am looking forward to being a part of things tonight. I hope it isn't too late to find a way to be involved.

Now, for the most exciting part (insert drum roll) We are officially approved for adoption!!! I know the journey is ongoing, and is sure to be challenging, but can I just say that being approved seems like a giant, liberating leap? I basically finished all of our paperwork and questionaires in January, before life flipped us out of the boat. It was crazy getting on the internet this morning and seeing all the work we had done 5 months ago. I had to fight every urge to change everything. It is scary writing something knowing what a huge difference it could possibly make, or not make for that matter. Writing our birth parent letter was so difficult. I felt it was so genuine and exactly how Mark and I felt. With that being said, when I read it now, I worry about how it comes off to others, since they don't know my mind as well as I do. Since I want it to remain active, (if I change it, it deactivates) I am refusing to make changes so it can remain available, for at least a few days before I can't take it anymore. I saw one or two silly errors that will probably add to some sleepless nights. Oh grammar and proof reading--when will the day come that things are just perfect the first time?!?!

I, for the most part, am a selfish person. This blog has been so great and uplifiting for Mark and I. We have loved sharing our story because of the outpouring of love and support we receive from all of you. It is a selfish vehicle. Do any of you feel used yet? We have come to lean on all of you so much and appreciate words of kindness, support, and love. If you didn't feel used before, maybe you will now. Please help spread the word that Mark and I are looking to start our family through adoption. Share it far and wide, yell it off of mountains. Spread it like wild fire! If anyone knows anyone, who knows anyone, who might be considering an adoption plan, tell them about Mark and I. We have been attending adoption classes, and each week we are taught the importance of networking and being proactive. This is my first feeble, possibly cheating, effort at it. I have posted our adoption profile number above our ticker, and in our information. For the record, our profile can be seen at itsaboutlove.org. Our profile number is 24368592. I should see if I can make the number attention grabbing like all those infomercials,  1-800-Jenny or something. 2gently2 is the best I could come up with...not so much...Regardless,  if anyone is interested, refer them to the blog or itsaboutlove.org.

Sorry for the advertising, but honestly, we appreciate it! We are so excited to move ahead. Hopefully, in the next few days  I will have some good pictures to post of BJ, the Relay for Life, and the new toy Mark and I have been riding all week. It was about a year ago that my mare got hit by a car,  and I finally think I found a legitimate bandaid. We love our new gelding! Pictures to come:)

3 comments:

Shalee said...

GOOD LUCK! Adoption is so awesome, I am excited for you guys to start this journey....officially :)

Linda said...

I'm so excited that you guys are approved for adoption! YAY! That's a big hurdle! I will keep my eyes and ears open for ya! Good luck!!

TJ said...

I'll start looking for pregnant girls!