Saturday, September 8, 2012

Moving Along

I can't believe summer has passed us by! I want my house to be finished so bad I keep wishing time by--but I don't want summer to end. In two weeks we went from fans and window air conditioners, to turning the heat on first thing in the morning. It seems like fall came overnight. Makes me so sad! I am not a good cold weather person. I wouldn't hate fall so much, but it means winter is right around the corner and I HATE winter. It seems like a lot of things have been happening overnight around here.  I put some clothes on Paige today that no longer fit.--some of them hardly worn. How is that kids grow overnight? She seriously wore these clothes a week ago and now they are too short. Last week, Mark turned 30. Gasp! If Mark is 30, my turn is coming. How are we 30??!! Makes me want to cry. I can hear my metabolism and athletic ability coming to a screeching halt. Such sadness.

In the last two weeks, we have also seen a lot of progress on the house. I am almost giddy seeing it all come together. As nicely as it has been coming along, I am so anxious to check more things off the list. I want to get to the fun part, picking out colors, floors, and finishes. I am really anxious to get the exterior done as well. Life has really picked up around here and Paige and I are busy everyday running errands.

The trusses went up so fast, like all in one day fast.

It took a while for it to go from trusses to dried in, but the plumbers had done quite a bit of work that you can't see.


Love, love, love my windows! A few are still on there way, along with my exterior doors. The plumbers continue to work, hvac is nearly done, and electrical is roughed in at this point.

Aren't my square windows so cute?

Love this arch, stole this idea from my last house. I like how it separates space while keeping it all open. Also love how thick it is, sets it apart from most other arches. I was pretty annoying and particular when it came to this feature. My fireplace will someday have great bookcases on either side. This is looking from my kitchen into the living room. There is still quite of bit of little framing projects here and there, but it is mostly done.

Poor Paige, always running errands with her mom!

Windows from the backside, this is out of order, but I am way to lazy to move it.

Snapped this little fashionista as she was waving to me in her new coat. I might be able to stomach cooler temperatures knowing I have this ridiculously cute item in the closet for her!

We have managed to make it down to visit my grandparents a few times as well. Definitely not as much as we should. My sweet grandma had a pretty serious shoulder surgery that she is trying to recover from. We went down to see her and Paige gave all her loves the Grandpa Thaylon. She really loves him and loves that he gives her plenty of M&Ms. Little stink gives all her loves to Grandpa though and won't let Grandma snuggle her at all. Grandma Mary Lou is only the sweetest, kindest, most loving lady on the planet. Paige will someday regret she was so stingy!

I had a blast playing coed soccer this summer. We had such a fun team and this is something I constantly look forward to. I have a lot of good friends I only see on the field. This was our last game, and quite a few teammates are missing in this picture. It will be a sad, sad day when I have to say goodbye to soccer. I am sure it is closer than I want it to be. Fortunately, indoor is right around the corner, but I will definitely miss outdoor--it suits me better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

who says you have to quit soccer? or stop being athletic? i think these are some major misnomers that need to be changed in your mind, planters! remember dara tores, the 40 year old olympian swimmer? you can do anything YOU want to!

Nancy said...

I do have to speak from the 30 side of the line and admit that there is a steep decline on your birthday that is hard to overcome - but it is possible!

Yeah for house coming together before the snow flies - which in Idaho time can happen any day now!

Tyson and Jacquelin said...

The house looks awesome! Love the windows! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Nate and Kayla said...

So jealous of your house! I'm excited for you friend. And I know you probably get this a lot but Paige is the spitting image of you! Isn't it incredible? You are both so beautiful and I love the new family pictures you posted on Facebook.