Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lovin' Summer

Summer is the best time of year hands down, especially in Idaho. After the long and painfully slow start, the last two weeks have been lovely. I am loving the heat, the cool nights, and the occasional thunderstorm. I can't believe it is already August. With Mark receiving treatment, the weeks seem to fly by as I wish them away for weekends so we can be together. Sadly, since life has been crazy busy, running has taken a dive, and I realized tonight that there is no way I will be ready for the marathon in September. If anyone wants to pretend to be me, your fees are paid!

My brothers have been up the past week or so and it has been so good to be together as a family. It seems few and far between that we are all together. I have had a great time getting to know my nephews better. They are at a fun age. Family truly is where happiness lies. I just wanted to jot a quick post with some pictures to let everyone know we are alive and well. Mark is a champ and has had no sideaffects yet of radiation. It has been great. His hair is growing back and there is a light at the end of this tunnel!
My new baby Chula and Mark's adorable niece. It was a little hot this day, but lovely none the less.

Chula is so much smaller than Sonny. These two horses were angels letting the kids ride them all over.

The cute grandbabies loving family picture day.

Mark loving family picture day. I love how the sun is only shining on me and making my hair look pretty much not good.

I love these handsome boys! I used to hate being the only girl when I was a little one. As I have grown older, I realize I wouldn't want it any other way. These brothers are the best out there.

I must have won the lottery and got stuck in between Mess 1 and Mess 2. Seriously was surprised I came out of there alive with no ketchup splatters. See what happens when Mark leaves me to ride solo?

That is just a smidge of current life. I just wanted to let everyone know we are alive and well. The clouds seem to have lifted and Mark and I are feeling so joyous and so blessed.!

3 comments:

Kacie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm missing the Rexburg summer! Horses, great weather (not this humid stuff) and family and friends. Glad you have been enjoying it!

Shalee said...

How fun!

Amy said...

Love the photos Jenny! We need to get together! Jace reeeeally wanted to go to Arctic Circle tonight for a corndog, and we just couldn't make ourselves do it. ha ha Maybe Mark could take him sometime since he understands the craving, right? Love that you're still wearing the bracelet, Mark. Love you guys!